The New Year is almost here and with it will come new fashion jewelry trends for 2010. The fashion jewelry trends for 2010 will be determined by many factors, but the writing is on the wall to predict what will be the market shapers for the upcoming fashion year. That being said, let’s take a look at what we think will be the fashion setting guidelines that will shape the new year.
1. International fashion with an emphasis on cultural uniqueness. A push towards using locally significant materials, that carry cultural weight. 2009 was all about exotic locations and ethnic fashion, featuring everything from tribal jewelery, African beads, seed beaded jewelery and more. For 2010 expect a more localized focus to feature your own native materials and beads.
2. 2010, in contrast to 2009 nine will be all about symmetry and coordination of clothing and jewelery. No longer will you be looking to call attention to your unique jewelery pieces with brash colors and shapes, but a more subtle use of your jewelery is trending in. Bold was good, now bold and stylish is the name of the game.
3. The price of gold continues to skyrocket. This will continue to have an impact on jewelery making trends. Brass, silver, wood and beads are going to take over the field while gold remains unaffordable for the masses. Beaded jewelery and unique custom made pieces will help people express their individual style while not taxing already strained financial resources.
4. Cold colors will be the new fashion trend. Wild beads and earth tone colors will be used a little more sparingly, while blacks, whites, blues and grays will help create a fashion image of strength, collection and ability. To stand out with flaring color is no longer trendsetting in 2010.
5. Handcrafted unique jewelery will continue to be hugely popular. More popular than ever, in 2010, because of the desire to express oneself through creativity rather than extravagance. Expect the truly fashionable to be wearing their own beaded jewelery, from necklaces, pendants, to rings and bands.
6. A search for meaning will lead jewelery fashion setters to create pieces that have greater symbolism. In 2010, each piece of your jewelery box should have a story to tell and a history to speak of. Selective wearing of symbolic jewelery will set the 2010 trend strongly.
7. Small, light bracelets, and subtle pendants will carry the day. Perhaps you have a beautifully beaded pendant, small, and nearly unnoticeable until you turn slightly and it catches the light. Jewelery of this type will be all the rage, and occasion many a conversation.
8. 2010 will be the year of solids and stripes for fashion. Prints will still have their place, but will not be as common as solid clothing and patterns will reemerge for the time being as a fashion winner.
9. Dangling earrings, with glass beads or a central focus piece will grow in popularity. 2010 will be all about focus and meaning, and the dangling earring provides a perfect counterpoint to the less audacious clothing fashion trends that will be seen.
10. Craft jewelery making will be an unbeatable trend for 2010. With financial pressures mounting, and little relief in sight, families will return to what matters, and fashion will reflect this. The value of sharing the joy of creation together with children, creating memories as well as jewelery grow even further in popularity than it is today.
There are a few key features of the coming year that we feel will most directly shape the coming jewelery styles. We have created this list based on an expectation of a slow financial economy, increased global communication with a cultural nationalism emphasis, and instinct.